How to set tableware for a casual dinner
If you’re going for a more laid-back setting for your tableware, then this layout is perfect for a more informal gathering.
- Place the dinner plate in the middle placement
- Add the salad plate to the table by adding it on top of the dinner plate
- If the starting course involves a soup, then place the soup bowl on top of the salad plate
- Lay a napkin to the left of the plates and the dinner fork on it
- Add a dinner knife and soup spoon to the right of the plate, placing the knife closest to the centre
- Above the knife, place the water glass
- Place another wine glass or drinks glass just above and to the right of the water glass.